KMK Regulatory Services creates, converts, translates and manages Safety Data Sheets for chemical companies all over the world in over 45 languages.
Our SDS services include:
- Safety Data Sheet and label creation, conversion, management (maintenance) and translation. In compliance with country regulations, classifications and formats for where you ship your chemicals.
- GHS (Globally Harmonized System) transition plans in sync with the latest revision adopted by each country, year after year.
- Classification of substances and/or products to determine the need for labelling and the needed documentation.
- Identifying the ranges of concentrations specific to your safety data sheets in 16 sections for each country of the European Union.
- Hazardous assessments by substance and for country-specific regulations.
- Translations of safety data sheets into country-specific languages, for products being exported.
- SDS and labels prepared by KMK include your logo and colors, reflecting your corporate image and quality standards.
- USA: 29 CFR1910.1200 + State regulations and lists (ie: California prop. 65; New Jersey Right-to-Know; etc.). HAZCOM 2012
- Canada: HPR-WHMIS 2015
- Mexico: NOM-018-STPS-2000 and the SDS format, as per GHS revision 5 of the United Nations
- Brazil: NBR 14725-4 2019 including their country specific data in all sections of the SDS
- For each of the 27 EU countries + European Free Trade Association: Europe REACH Annex II (Reg 453/2010)/CLP including the DSD-DPD and GHS requirements in the same document (SDS), with all applicable country specific laws, lists and Occupational Exposure Limits (OELs)
- Australia: [NOHSC:2011(2004)]
- China: GB 30000.2-29-2013 for SDSs including their adoption of GHS and standard GB 15258-2009 for China GHS labels
- Malaysia: Bilingual (Malay-English language CSDS standard format)
- Singapore: SS 586-3 2008 Standard including their adoption of GHS
- Taiwan: Latest United Nations SDS format
KMK offers hundreds of label formats and customized formats for GHS, CLP, WHMIS 2015, and US-HAZCOM 2012 requirements
We have country specific label formats available in 45+ languages. Label content is product and country specific and prepared to meet all applicable local and international regulations. If you use pre-printed labels, KMK will provide content in the appropriate format.
About GHS Labelling
GHS was first adopted in Europe and is now enforced in the United States, Canada, and all other industrialized nations. The goal of the United Nations Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) is to create a single way to classify and describe chemical hazards on product labels and in Safety Data Sheets (SDS) used everywhere in the world. With standardized label content based on the same chemical classifications, harmonized hazard statements, standardized signal words, and the same graphic symbols and colors, producers, workers, (and consumers in Europe) in every country will share the same understanding of the potential human health (and environmental) hazards posed by chemicals.
EU: CLP Regulation Services – Classification, Labelling, and Packaging
The European Union’s Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation (EC)1272/2008, of hazardous chemical products, was enacted to protect workers, consumers and the environment, and has been updated several times since then. The CLP Regulation applies to your business if you manufacture, import, use or distribute chemical substances or mixtures in the EU market. Compliance with the new EU regulation, managing classification, notification and product safety labelling is required for most substances regardless of tonnage and use. Meeting the CLP requirements is a prerequisite to market access in the EU.
ISO Certified Translations
KMK offers accurate, up-to-date translated safety data sheets for the country of destination, in 45+ languages.
KMK Regulatory Services utilizes industry standard health and safety phrases in the creation of all our regulated documents and reports. Quality translations are essential when you are considering expansion into international markets. Our international translations partner is ISO 9001:2008, EN 15038:2006, and ISO 13485:2003 certified. All sentences (+50,000), that we are using in more than 45+ languages, have been rigorously tested to ensure their accuracy after they have been translated locally by experts in the EH&S domain. We recommend that our clients always utilize our sentence library. However, we understand that in certain cases company-specific sentences must be used and in these cases, we use the same certified service to get them translated.
SDS and Label Samples
KMK has current samples of professional multilingual SDSs and Labels in PDF format for WHMIS, GHS and REACH CLP. Please contact us to receive a one today!